Filter coffee is a gentle brewing method - it brings out the true character and clarity of coffee.
The result is smooth and full flavoured, a great way to appreciate our Fair Trade & Sustainable Single Origin specialty beans!
- Approved by the European Coffee Brewing Centre
- Brew time 5-6 minutes
- Brews directly into insulated thermal carafe – no hot plate
- Mixing lid for a homogenous brew
- Aluminium housing
- Illuminated on/off switch
- Copper boiling element with double safety guard
- Automatically switches off power to the boiling element when water reservoir is empty
- 9 hole spray head for efficient wetting of the coffee grounds
- Use standard #4 10-12 cup filters
- A vailable in polished silver or black
- 5 years warranty for domestic use
- Handmade in The Netherlands
Moccamaster coffee machines are handmade by Technivorm in Amerongen in the heart of The Netherlands. Technivorm has been producing filter coffee machines since 1964.These classic and stylish machines are made using only the best quality components and materials and are iconic in coffee circles in many parts of the world. Each coffee machine is checked and individually tested before it leaves the factory in Holland.
A powerful copper heating element is the key to reaching the correct temperature quickly and efficiently and to keeping it consistent throughout the brewing cycle. The coffee brew time must also be correct to get the right contact time between the water and the coffee grounds and the Moccamaster meets this criteria. The 6 minute brew time perfectly extracts all the flavours and delicate nuances from the coffee grounds.
Moccamaster coffee machines are certified in accordance with strict requirements of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) and the Speciality Coffee Association of America (SCAA) and the European Coffee Brewing Centre (ECBC).